We're glad you asked! Stagg [X] works exactly like other pour-over drippers you might have used, but we opted for a double-walled column format for better heat retention and more consistent brewing.
We've attached the brew guide that we include with all of our Stagg [X] sets. Check it out and let us know if you have any questions! Below is a summary of the guide to help get you started.
Inside the provided drip cup, you'll notice one dot and a set of two dots. These are our ratio aids to help guide your brewing!
Let's say we're making a single, which is the perfect amount for our tasting glass. 10 ounces of water is 300ml (300g).
- Heat your water to 200-205°F and grind 20g of coffee at a medium/fine setting (about the size of sea salt). You can use the single dot on the drip cup to estimate 20g of coffee.
- Once your water is ready, add the filter to the Stagg [X] Dripper and place on the tasting glass or another vessel that holds more than 10 ounces. Slowly wet the edges to fully soak the filter.
- Pour the water out of the drinking vessel
- Add the 20g of ground coffee to the moistened filter in the Stagg [X] Dripper. Gently shake to settle the bed.
- Pour 40g of water into the dripper, around 2 times the amount of coffee you use. Wait 30 seconds for the coffee to "bloom" and release CO2
- Continue pouring 40-60g doses of water until you reach 10 ounces (or 300mL)